When FastCube 2.0 Launching

edited 6:26PM in FastCube
I'm already buying and use FastCube and follow this product developing...
I'ts simple and fast

i'm very curious about FastCube 2.0 because our sugesstion and our wishlist
promised by the team in the next version..

Please give me roadmap or developing plan, because now currently i still looking for the best VCL
OLAP component...

Thanks...

Comments

• edited 6:26PM
    ronin wrote: »

Please give me roadmap or developing plan, because now currently i still looking for the best VCL
    OLAP component...

This is not a roadmap but some points we've already done and working on (this is not everything but some good examples):
    1. Cube
    1.1 Fields split: it is possible to split date, time and other fields using own split methods.
    1.2 Loading from custom user data storage using FR like user dataset
    1.3 Auto convert fields from one data type to another during loading
    1.4 Custom fields calculation during loading (based on script or events)
    1.5 Adding, removing any fields and splits after the data loading process
    1.6 New filter component which allow to use common filter for all dependent slices and therefore
    controls which shows their data (i.e. it is possible to use common filter both for grid and chart).
    Component also allows to use custom filters using events.
    2. Slice
    2.1 Totals positions at the begining/end of values
    2.2 Ability to choose functions for Totals (additionally to measure function)
    2.3 Ability to use lower level totals for higher level totals calculation
    2.4 Changes in internal data representaion allow to swap axis now by changing just to pointers what makes this
    operation lighning fast.
    3. Grids
    3.1 All the grids shares as much code as possible. This cause them look and feel the same way.
    3.2 Different ways of representing the vertical Axis: as before and tree-like
    All code is mostly written from the scratch with 2 ideas in mind: better performance and less memory consuming.

The first betas of product will be available in the first quarter of 2010. The first version will obviosly contain not everything we have in our plans and many nice things will be done during the 2.x series.

If you have some wishes please publish them here.
    sounds good.
    I hope this version a good product.
    Please compare with other VCL products and take strong points of each product. And also see Excel Pivot, because some things there is convenience. Of course, with better performance and less memory consuming

Any news about this new version fastcube 2.0 ?

Thanks,
    Iskandar A
    I'm already buying and use FastCube and follow this product developing...
    I'ts simple and fast

OLAP component...

Thanks...

Hi!

is there Fastcube 2.0 beta that I can download ?
    When will Fastcube 2.0 will be lunch ?

Thanks,
    Iskandar a

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.