FR Evaluation and Business Objects

Hi

Another FR question if I may.

We are testing FR and using eXpress Persistent Objects from Developer Express as the datasource. The actual IEnumerable provided is an XPCollection containing quite complex objects.

The property list exposed by FR is rather messy. For example it exposes "duplicate" properties for some reference properties and on others it does not seem to expose the reference property at all (i.e. it cannot be expanded).

I have attached an image showing what I mean, the green highlights are reference properties where it shows duplicates but does not seem to detect they are reference properties and the yellow show 2 or 3 duplicates.

The properties of these Properties show names such as

DietaryRequirements (the expandable one, what we would expect to see)
DietaryRequirements!
DietaryRequirements!Key

How can this list be cleaned up for presenting to a user and why are some Reference Properties missing the expandable version?

Many thanks

Comments

• edited 12:49PM
    Hello,

Use the following code to filter service properties exposed by XPO:
    Config.ReportSettings.FilterBusinessObjectProperties += new FilterPropertiesEventHandler(ReportSettings_FilterBusinessObjectProperties);

void ReportSettings_FilterBusinessObjectProperties(object sender, FilterPropertiesEventArgs e)
            {
              if (e.Property.Name.Contains("!") || e.Property.Name == "This" || e.Property.Name == "Oid")
                e.Skip = true;
            }

Thanks Alex, that would seem to do the trick.

The Class Reference would seem like the place to go to find out this kind of information however it is a bit thin in terms of descriptive information. Is this likely to improve? Is there an alternative source of information since the FR classes seem to be very extensible and we would need to do some quite complex integration work.

Finally :-), you don't seem to be able to create a calculated column when using IEnumerable data source, is this correct?

Many thanks
    Hello,

This event is very rarely used (in fact, I create it to support XPO). So there is no detailed description in the class reference.

The calculated column can be created in regular datasource only (which is based on table/query).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.