Version

Hi,

I am trying to decide which version of FR 4 to buy. Its not clear if I need the "script" features. I use some pascal script in the reports designer, but I do not use the seperate script components for scripting outside of it.

Do I need to buy the professional version or could I buy just the basic version and still have simple scripting in the report designer ?

Sorry if this is wrong forum for this topic, but I did scour the whole website first

Thanks
Bill.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:53PM
    if you want scripting abilities with in the report then you need at least standard, but there is no source code so you cannot take advantage of daily builds, bug fixes
    Pro gives you source code so you can recompile lib as needed ie using different versions of t chart.
    Enterprise adds the ability to build client server reports.

• edited 11:53PM
    Thanks gordk,

Pro it is then !

Bill.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.