Convert report from ReportBuilder

Louis DLouis D Qu?©bec, Canada
edited 8:16PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi,
I was working with Turbo Delphi 2006 and I upgrade to Delphi 2010.
I was working for years with ReportBuilder and a friend talk me about FastReport, so I download the demo and i am trying it.

There is so much reports to migrate then I searched and find the file ConverterRB2FR.pas
and want to know if you have a demo file to show me how to use this ConverterRB2FR.pas and
import my ReportBuilder reports.

Louis

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:16PM
    if you add the converter unit to your uses clause the frdesigner can open a reportbuilder definition file and you can then save it in .fr3 format. when you have finished conversions you may remove it.
    generally set up a reportcomponent and a designer component set the open dir, save dir, properties for the designer.
    from a button frxreport1.designreport;
    Before you try converting read the usermanual(working inside report) and the programmers manual(working from delphi). get familiar with Fr by trying demos in user manual and look at the main demo.
    Note in many cases it is quicker to redsign than to convert.
  • Louis DLouis D Qu?©bec, Canada
    edited 8:16PM
    Thanks gordk
    I will try the 2 solutions
    will give feedback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.