Table Objects

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 5:34PM in FastReport .NET
I've got to tell you how much I love tables in FR.Net

I used to have to do dozens of TextObjects in group headers and detail rows. Then align horizontally & vertically, and size them.

Now I just drop a Table and do a manual build to output the rows of my data set.

No more aligning textobjects. No more trying to get vertical lines around my tables.

It's VERY NICE!

The only thing that would make it so much better is to be able to *INSERT* a row or column. Not just have to put it at the bottom, or right edge.

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• edited 5:34PM
    wrote:
    The only thing that would make it so much better is to be able to *INSERT* a row or column. Not just have to put it at the bottom, or right edge.

Just select a row/column and right-click it to display the context menu. You will be able to insert a new row/column before or after the selected row/column.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 5:34PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    AlexTZ wrote: »

Just select a row/column and right-click it to display the context menu. You will be able to insert a new row/column before or after the selected row/column.

Thanks!

Ok. Another problem. I want to resize the second column to be the width of the page without resizing column 1.

I cannot seem to find the combination of resizing just 1 column. If I select the whole table, and drag the handle, then column 1 resizes.

If I drag the splitter between the columns to make column 1 smaller again, then the overall size shrinks.

If I select a cell in column 2 and try to resize, it will only let me resize to about 50 % of the page size.

I'd like to "freeze" the size of column 1 so I can resize column 2 in a 2x2 table.

Bryan

• edited October 2009
    wrote:
    If I select a cell in column 2 and try to resize, it will only let me resize to about 50 % of the page size.

This way is correct, but you need to unlock the column width first. Select the column 2, go to Properties window and increase the MaxWidth property.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 5:34PM
    Thanks!

That did it.
    1. When using ManualBuild event, TableCell's Printable is no use,
    it is still printed when Printable = False.

2. I want to draw different text when output to printer or preview,
    I use TableCell's IsPrinting property in MyFormat 's FormatValue (inherited from FormatBase) ,
    IsPrinting is still false using ManualBuild event when call Report.Print(),
    If i don't use ManualBuild event, it's ok.

3. I want to log some messages when report output to printer or export to files,
    but i don't log messages when preview,
    can you support a method making me know the report output type(Printer, Export, Preview)?
    Hello,

1) Printable property is not used in table & matrix.
    2) You cannot change the text when printing. The only way is to use two overlapped objects, one with Printable=true, another with Printable=false.
    3) I will try to add something in the further builds.
    Hello,
    wrote:
    3. I want to log some messages when report output to printer or export to files

I've added the Report.Operation property. You will able to use it in the next daily build.
    wrote:
    I've added the Report.Operation property. You will able to use it in the next daily build.

Thanks.

Another problem:
    I want to call PrintSetting's Dialog alone, not show the dialog when each print.
    yes, i can set PrintSetting's ShowDialog = false,
    but no method let me call the dialog.

Can you let me show PrintSetting dialog alone?
    Sorry,

It's not possible now. You will loose printer settings made in this dialog (via the "Settings..." button).
    ok.
    But can you support an event after printer setting dialog?
    I want to get PrinterSetting's copies and check if user can print continue,
    because we set a max print copies that user can print.
    Ok, I'll better add separate ShowPrintDialog/PrintPrepared methods in the next build.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.