Bottom line at end of page

WickeyWickey Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited 5:29PM in FastReport .NET
Hi all,

I am currently creating an invoice report if the format like shown below:

PageHeader: Contains fixed text and company logo
GroupHeader: Contains address and related information (from DataSet)
DataBand: Contains the actual transactions
ChildElement: Used for 'filling' the page up to 30 lines
GroupFooter: Contains the totals and currently the 'bottom line' of the report.
PageFooter: Contains contact information.

The layout is approx like this:
<!--fonto:Lucida Console--><span style="font-family:Lucida Console"><!--/fonto-->

+-----------------------------+
|Fixed text and Logo          | <= Page Header
|Address info                 | <= Group Header
|=============================|
|Transactions 1       | Price | <= DataBands
|Transactions 2       |       |
|Transactions 3       |       |
|Transactions 4       |       |
|                     |       | <= Child Element used for filling pages with few transactions (CompleteToNRows)
|                     |       |
+-----------------------------+ <= The bottom line placed in GroupFooter
                      +-------+
                      | Total |
                      +-------+
                    Page 1 of 1

But for a long report the result is more like this
+-Page 1----------------------+
|Fixed text and Logo          | <= Page Header
|Address info                 | <= Group Header
|Transactions 1       | Price | <= DataBand
|Transactions 2       |       |
|Transactions 3       |       |
|Transactions 4       |       |
                                <= The bottom line is missing
                    Page 1 of 2

+-Page 2----------------------+
|Fixed text and Logo          | Logo and Address info must be repeated on each page
|Address info                 |
|Transactions 5       |       |
|Transactions 6       |       |
|                     |       |
+-----------------------------+
                      +-------+
                      | Total |
                      +-------+
                    Page 2 of 2

<!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto-->The problem shows when I have a report with so many transactions that the several pages are printed then the bottom line is only printed on the last page. I do see the logic in this, because the group footer isn't printed till the whole group has been processed.
But how do I get a bottom line on each page. I have been mingling around with adding ChildElements and LineObjects but I can't seem to find a way to place the line where it is supposed to be.
Hope this longish 'essay' [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> explains my problem and that some one out there can help me. Kind Regards, Wickey <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--> <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->[/img]

Comments

• edited 5:29PM
    Hello,

Please read the user's manual, "Report creation/Groups and totals/Repeating the header and footer" chapter.
  • WickeyWickey Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited 5:29PM
    Hi AlexTZ,

Thanks for the fast and but not really helpful advice.
    Both the Users and the Programmers manual have been read through before posting here [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> The programmers manual does explain how to set the RepartOnEveryPage flag, but I don't seem to be able to get the grip of the PrintOn property. I am able to print a 'Continued...' text in the GroupHeader for group that doesn't fit one page, but are not able to print a 'Continues on next page...' text in the GroupFooter. I have been trying almost all combination of these properties and quite a few others, but are still not able to get the result I need. To try to sum it all up: GroupHeader: RepeatOnEveryPage = true txtContinuedOnNextPage: PrintOn = RepeatedBand[/img]// This gets printed correctly, so only on groups with many data rows.

GroupFooter:RepeatOnEveryPage = true
    txtContinueFromPreviousPage: PrintOn = RepeatedBand // This newer gets printed.
    txtGroupTotals: PrintOn = FirstPage, LastPage, OddPages, EvenPages // This prints on every page - also the 1st page of a group spanding several pages. Should only be shown on the last page of the group.

I have added an attachment with a screen shot of the report for clarity, can also be viewed here FactuurProblemFastReport.png (I hope [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) Any help is appreciated. Kind regards Wickey[/img]
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Please read the user's manual, "Report creation/Groups and totals/Repeating the header and footer" chapter.
    Hello,

I attach a modified "Groups" report from Demo.exe, built using this technique. Pay attention to groupfooter:
    wrote:
    In this report, the group footer has two objects, placed one on top of the other
    Hi AlexTZ,

Thanks for the fast reply.
    I have tried to use the file you send as a template, but can still not get the desired result.
    Not sure if it has to do with the 'filler' child element I use to maintain a fixed page length. (CompleteToNRows property)
    Else the problem might be sitting somewhere between my ears [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . But I have solves the problem in the Code section by (un)setting the Visibility property of the elements I need to display/hide. Probably not the best solution (using the row count in combination with the page count), but it'll have to do for now - The dead-line is just around the corner. Again thanks for the help and have a nice week-end. Kind regards Wickey[/img]
    Hello,

I attach a modified "Groups" report from Demo.exe, built using this technique. Pay attention to groupfooter:
    In this report, the group footer has two objects, placed one on top of the other
    Yes, the problem may be connected with child-filler. You may use the ColumnFooter band in this case. Put the bottom line on it.
    Could you send me your report file?
    Hi AlexTZ,

I have send the report file in a message to you.

Kind regards,
    Wickey
    Could you send me your report file?
    Fixed. The fix will be available in 6 hours.
    Hi AlexTZ,

Just a short question, you write that a fix should be available, but where do I see the fix?

Kind regards,
    Wickey
    Fixed. The fix will be available in 6 hours.
    Hello,

In your customer panel, download the latest (current) version and reinstall. We prepare a new build each day.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.