link subreport to main report

samirsamir India
edited 12:17PM in FastReport .NET
hi,

i have solved the nested group issue but now i am again stuck one more.

how can i link the subreport to main reports like in crystal reports cause when i put a subreport in the group footer of my report it shows nothing.

i need to pass a value to the subreport and filter the datarow from a data set for that value and print it on the report.

is there a way to do this, sorry i keep on comparing it with crystal reports cause that is what we are using currently.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 12:17PM
    Hello,

Please send your report file to tz@fast-report.com, I'll take a look at it. Also, if possible, send me the screenshot of what you want to achieve.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 12:17PM

Samir,

I know what you are talking about. I used to use CR until I switched to FR.

With FR, it is not necessary to explicitly link data from the main report to the subreport. Subreports have access to all the data/variables in the main report.

Here is one of my working reports.

I have a report that has a subreprt in a group footer. In the subreport is a chart. The chart dataset is based on a field from the report band (actually the grouping field). The dataset for the graph calls a stored procedure and passes the field data from the group variable as a parameter. I'm using it as a parameter to a stored procedure but you could use the main report data directly in your sql, for an expression, subreport title, etc.

I hope this helps.

Bryan

• samirsamir India
    edited 12:17PM
    Thanks Bryan

i found out the solution actually it was the Filter Criteria i was looking for in the data band of the subreports where in i can filter out the data through a Group Selection it uses the same dataset as of the main one.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.