Chart Questions

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 8:38AM in FastReport .NET

Two questions/problems with Chart Control

1. I think this has been mentioned before.

If I change a property in the MSChartObject by drilling down on the chart object (specifically ChartAreas/Axes/Y (Value) axis/IsStartedFromZero) to "No", sometimes it gets set back to "Yes" without me changing it.

I think it happens if I change something in the chart editor. Unfortunately, this particular property is not in the chart editor so I can't use it to change that property.

2. How can I get the labels on a bar chart to display in currency format instead of double? Attached is WhatIWant (from Excel) and WhatIGet (from MSChartControl). I've changed the Series Labels Format to "$0.00" but it does not seem to apply.

Comments

• edited 8:38AM
    Hello,

1) after you change something in the MSChart using the "Properties" window, make some changes in a report (for example, move the Chart object a little). It is necessary because FastReport cannot detect the changes you made in the underlying MSChart object, so the changes are not written in the changes buffer.

2) Looks like MSChart completely ignores the "Format" option. To format the value as currency, use the #VALY{C} template.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 8:38AM

1. Thanks. I knew there was a little trick.

2. You would think that "Format" would mean just that. Changing it as you indicate gives me the format I need.

I also found a good blog about the MS chart control that showed how to format and lots of other little tricks.

http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.