Label printing

Hello,
I'm trying to print labels. From the program written in VB6 I send a dataset with information to be printed on the label and quantity of labels to be printed for each entry in the dataset (may be different). So I use MasterBand just for running through entries and DetailBand for printing data. OnBefore print event I set the RowCount of the DetailBand the print quantity. In order to fill the page I use columns in the page. Everything works good, BUT it prints labels from Top to Bottom then from Left to Right, and I need that it was printed from Left to Rigth then from Top to Bottom. How can I do this? I tried to use columns not in the page, but in the bands, but as I use master and detail bands I didn't manage to make it work correctly. I also tried Vertical bands, but I didn't manage to assign the data fields to the bands - they remain separately from the band and nothing is printed out.
Can anybody help me?

Comments

• edited 2:10PM
    Hello,

Are you talking about FastReport.Net? It does not have Vertical bands.
    Sorry, perhaps, I wrote not in the right place. I'm using FastReport 4.7 not .NET. But either way can You suggest me something?
    wrote:
    I tried to use columns not in the page, but in the bands, but as I use master and detail bands I didn't manage to make it work correctly.
    It should work. Just set the detaildata Columns property to desired number of columns. Don't touch the masterdata.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    I tried to use columns not in the page, but in the bands, but as I use master and detail bands I didn't manage to make it work correctly.
    It should work. Just set the detaildata Columns property to desired number of columns. Don't touch the masterdata.

I tried this, but You see if for example I have 3 entries: one with label quantity 1, other two with 2, so in this case the report prints three lines of labels one with 1 label and other two with two labels, though the column number of the detailband is set to 3. So it leaves quite a lot of free space on the page.
    I see. In this case, you need to use one databand with columns. You also need to form the dataset in such a way that it will contain all labels you need to print, e.g.
    label1
    label1
    label1
    label2
    label2
    label3
    Thanks for Your help. I managed to do what I needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.