Component recomendation

Hello,

This is not strictly a fastreport question, but I am impressed with the report designer, and the way it is implemented.

In my software I need a way for users to design their own data entry forms, drag on buttons and combo boxes etc and set the properties on them.

A bit like visual studio, but simple, and for the end user.

Can you recomend an end user form editor that will allow such things to be designed by an end user?

I ask because the report editor uses a pretty good control, similar to what I need.

Thanks,

- Anthony

Comments

• edited 10:35AM
    Hello,

You may use FastReport designer to do this:
    Report report = new Report();
    DialogPage dialog = new DialogPage();
    report.Pages.Add(dialog);
    report.Design();

• edited 10:35AM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

You may use FastReport designer to do this:
    Report report = new Report();
    DialogPage dialog = new DialogPage();
    report.Pages.Add(dialog);
    report.Design();

Thanks for the info, but I want to add custom winforms dialogs to my app, not in a report, a bit like this:-

http://www.greatis.com/dotnet/formdes/

but that component looks poor quality, and very limited.

- Anthony

Also, I will try ODBC today, very happy with your speedy response with this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.