HOW TO: Hide page header when Report Summary shifted to new page and no data?

Hi Support,

I have a master-detail report with a large Report Summary (68mm) band. Because the Report Summary band is quite large, the band often gets shifted onto a new page. If this the band is forced onto a new page and the page contains no data, I do not want to print the page header. Any ideas how to achieve this?

Kind Regards,

Keith Blows

Comments

• edited 1:29PM
    Hello,

Write the following code in your reportsummary.BeforePrint event handler:
    private void ReportSummary1_BeforePrint(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      if (Engine.FreeSpace < ReportSummary1.Height)
        PageHeader1.Visible = false;
    }

• jabijabi Czech Republic
    edited September 2009
    I thing that you using page header to decorate data (for example column labels). If you use page header right (for example to page number) than you want to print page header to all pages.

To print data decaration (column labels etc.) group all data to new group (as expression put any constant) and define group header. And set RepeatOnEveryPage to this group.
    Hi AlexTZ,

Wow. Perfect!

Kind Regards,

Keith Blows
    jabi wrote: »
    I thing that you using page header to decorate data (for example column labels). If you use page header right (for example to page number) than you want to print page header to all pages.

To print data decaration (column labels etc.) group all data to new group (as expression put any constant) and define group header.
    Hi,

Thanks for the info, but as stated, this is a master/detail report, which cannot work with grouping. Alex's answer is what I was looking for.

Kind Regards,

Keith Blows

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.