Hide the help menu?

I'm trying to integrate DR with my app seemlessly and would like to make it seem more like it's built in, not a seperate app...

When I use a report.design() I'd like to change the aboutbox (to my app's about box) and change the title of the window
I think report1.Designer.cmdAbout.CustomAction = ... will change the aboutbox, but how about the window title?

Thanks,

- Anthony

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Hello,

There is no way to change the title. If you need tight integration with your product, use FastReport.Net Professional with source code.
  • edited 12:34PM
    I will add the Config.DesignerSettings.Text property in the next build. Example of use:
    Config.DesignerSettings.Text = "My Designer - ";
    Thanks, that's great, I appreciate the fast response!

I've got FastReport.Net Professional too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> - Anthony[/img]
    Hello,

I thought I could change the aboutbox but cmdAbout.Customaction is read only, can we override this somehow?

Or is it possible to completely hide the about option, or even the help menu?

Thanks,

- Anthony
    Hello,

You can hide the Help menu completely, or just the About item:
    Config.DesignerSettings.DesignerLoaded += new EventHandler(DesignerSettings_DesignerLoaded);

void DesignerSettings_DesignerLoaded(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      (sender as DesignerControl).MainMenu.miHelpAbout.Visible = false; // hide About
      //(sender as DesignerControl).MainMenu.miHelp.Visible = false; // or hide Help completely
    }

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.