2/5 Interleaved Barcode Problem

i place two barcode objects in the design window,
barcode type: 2/5 Interleaved,
barcode text is same: 78999904525,
the CalcCheckSum property: one is true, another is false
i print this two barcode, they are all same,
i use scanner scan them, first i set the scanner not check the check-digit, the result is 7899990452, lost the last digit "5"!
ant then i disable the check-digit function of the scanner, scan the two barcodes again, the scanner can not read them at all!
>

Comments

• edited 1:57PM
    Hello,

I will fix the CheckSum in the tomorrow's daily build. Also note that 2of5Interleaved code must contain even number of digits (if you provide odd number of digits, the last digit will be ignored).
    ok, now the checksum work fine in 1.2.10.0

another question, 2/5 inerleaved barcode must contain even number of digits, it ok,
    but if i set CalCheckSum to false, i use Fast-Report and ArgoBar Lite to print barcode: 78999904525,
    as your specify, Fast-Report generate a barcode 7899990452, ignore the last digit,
    but ArgoBar Lite generate a barcode 078999904525, it pad "0" in the prefix.

it's hard to tell which way is fine, but as a customer, i don't want to lost any digit in the barcode,
    i would like the program pad "0" in the prefix.

anyway, thanks a lot. >
    You may turn on CalcCheckSum, in this case it will add the checksum digit to the end of code (if code has odd number of digits), or replace the last digit (if code has even number of digits).
    ok, I will add leading zero in case when checksum is turned off.
    All ok now, thank you. :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />" alt=">" />

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.