Charts and .net version

I understand charts use only MSChart (which requires .net 3.5 sp1 or above), does that mean if I wish to use charts in my app, I need to build for .net 3.5 ? the requirements for fast reports say 2.0 or above, is that different if we need charts?

Also, I ordered from componentsource.com (FastReport.Net Professional Edition) my order number is 278523. Do you know when the license will arrive?

Thanks,

Anthony

Comments

• edited 12:24AM
    Hello,

If you want to use charts, you need .net fw 3.5sp1. You can still build for .net 2.0.
    Regarding the order: please ask ComponentSource, they should send you a license key.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

If you want to use charts, you need .net fw 3.5sp1. You can still build for .net 2.0.
    Regarding the order: please ask ComponentSource, they should send you a license key.

Ok, so I can build for framework 2.0 and if the user has 3.5 installed then charting works.

What if one user who has .net 3.5 builds a report with a chart and a user with 2.0 tries to view it.

Also, what happens if a 2.0 user tries to add a chart, is there an error, or is the chart option hidden?

Thanks,

Anthony
    No, the chart option is not hidden, you will get an error. In order to build and/or view a report with charts, the 3.5sp1 framework is required.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.