A few table questions

edited 10:02PM in FastReport .NET
Hi!

I have 2 questions:
1. I have a table, and I want to print the amount of rows (without empty ones) at the table header.
I added a total, but it only works if I place it in the table's footer.
Once I put it in the header, it writes "0" (because the next data band wasn't calculated yet?)
How can I fix this?

2. I wanted to add the table a header (a row with column titles, in bold).
Is the only way of doing it is adding "header" data band? (it's not so convenient cause I need to
copy a table row to the header, to make sure the columns' sizes are the same in the "header" data band, and in the "data" data band.
Is there a better way?

Thanks >

Comments

• edited 10:02PM
    Hello,

1. Do not put totals in the header. They can work in the footer only. If you want totals in the header, you need to make your report two-pass and use script. The example can be found in the demo program, the "Script/Print Total in The Group Header" report.

2. You may insert a new row in the table (select the row, right-click it and choose "Insert row above" menu item).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.