Unable To find System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

Hi,

In my Report model, i'm setting programmatically MSChart Serie Label using for instance:

MSChart1.Series[0].SeriesSettings.Label = "#VALX";

In the FastReport Designer, If I try to preview the report, I get error messages which says that "System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Series isn't referenced ..."
Okay, I add in Menu Report/Options/Script, a reference to the System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll assembly.
It works perfectly in the FastReport Designer!

BUT, when I deploy this report model in my ASP.Net website, It throws an exception:

(0,0): error CS0006: Le fichier de m?©tadonn?©es 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll' est introuvable.

Note, My ASP.NET references contain the System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll'.

Can you help me please?

Comments

• edited 10:24PM
    Hello,

This dll should be placed either in the GAC or in Bin folder together with FastReport.dll.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 10:24PM
    I'm having this same problem.

VS2008. FR.NET 1.2.35, ASP.NET web form.

I've copied the system.windows.forms.datavisualization.dll from the FR.NET folder to my apps \bin folder. The other FR.NET dlls are already in the \bin folder.

Bryan.

• pinbotpinbot Texas

Here is the error in VS 2008 and my bin folder.

• pinbotpinbot Texas

BTW I have a console app that DOES work with a FR.NET report with graphs by copying the datavisualization dll to the executable folder.

It's just this asp.net app that it is not working.

Bryan
    Hello,

Right now try to place this dll in your application's root. I will fix it in the next build.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    Thanks.

That did the trick.
    I get error messages which says that "System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Series isn't referenced ..."
    Okay, I add in Menu Report/Options/Script, a reference to the System.????

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.