Can not see datasources FOR MYSQL

Im runnig under windows 7 64 bits, and there u cant see the extension of the files...

MY PROBLEM NOW: I have this references installed in VB 2008

Fastreport ver 1.1.59.0
Fastreport.Mysql.dll version 1.0.0.0
mysql.data version 6.0.4
Mysql.Data.CF version 6.0.4
Mysql.Data.Entity version 6.0.4
Mysql.web version 6.0.4

Im runnig on Visual Studio 2008 Visual Basic 9.0.30729.1 SP
Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate

I STILL CANNOT see datasources when I drop a webreport on my default.aspx, when I select the datasource pin on the right side of the report, nothing appears...

PLEASE HELP...

Could be this line missing? ...FastReport.Utils.RegisteredObjects.AddConnection(typeof(MySqlDataConnection));

ph34r.gif I feel like blind...

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Hello,

You probably misunderstood something.

How to use some datasource in a report?

1. You may use application-defined datasource. In your case, you put a datasource on your web form (something like standard SqlDataSource, i think there is an equivalent in MySql). Then, you put a WebReport and click its "Select Data Source" smart tag item (probably the better name for this item is "Select APPLICATION Data Source"). This process described well in the developer's manual, "Working with ASP.NET" chapter.
    2. Your report may have own, integrated datasources. In this case it does not depend on application. For this purpose we have a set of standard (built-in) datasources like MsSql, MsAccess, Xml, OleDb, and separate set of add-ins (like FastReport.MySql which you are trying to set up). You may create a new datasource in the designer's "Data/Add Data Source..." menu.
  • edited 2:46AM
    Thanx AlexTz 4 ur reply,

Im doing excatly that, sqldatasource or objectDS doesnt appear in te little window of the fastreport datasource selector.

Im trying another thing, this is suppoused to be easy, or at less easier than other softs, could be the 64bits plataform?

Thanx in advanced.

>
  • edited 2:46AM
    Hello,

I'm not sure about 64 bits, there is no such PC here to test it now. The standard SqlDataSource works well on my PC.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.