Adding a Tag string to Text/TextCell etc

edited 1:16AM in FastReport .NET
We are evaluating FR.Net and would like to know if there is a mechanism for adding a Tag to all Text/TextCell elements.

Here is my logic.
We are going to use a Table to print multiple columns to display a Profit and Loss report which will contain the actual P&L data, then other columns like Budget / YTD figures etc. These will be stored in an IList off the data attached to each row in the report. We could use the Tag to identify which index in the IList to get the data from within each column. We could use the Text property but this would then make it non-generic.

My memory is vague, but didn't the VCL support something like this ?

Does anyone else see a need for this ? We could use the Name as an alternative, but allowing some metadata to be stored in a Tag would be cleaner.

Thoughts ?

NeilG

P.S. It is possible I have missed something here - if there is another alternative, then please let me know.

Comments

• edited 1:16AM
    Hello,

The Hyperlink.Value is the good place to store some additional information that can be used to display additional (detailed) report on the selected item. Read more about this in the user's manual, "Report creation/Interactive reports" chapter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.