Summing Suppressed Detail Data

I have a report that sums values of the detail lines in a GroupFooter. But I also want the option to only print the GroupFooter, without the detail lines. I've tried setting DetailData.Height to zero (this prints all the data on the same line for each group) and setting the DetailData.Visible property to False (this prevents the sum function in the GroupFooter from getting any values so it only prints zeros).

So how can I hide the details but still print the totals in the GroupFooter?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:28PM
    build the aggregate expression correctly by using the aggregate expression builder with the correct flag value and hide the details.
    [Sum(<dataset."datafield">,bandname,flag)]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.