oracle data connection

edited 3:30AM in FastReport .NET
when i try to add a data connection in oracle everything adds just fine.

If i try to view data i get ora-00903 invalid table name error - i cannot iterate through any columns.

the tables themselves are listed appropraitely but no the columns.

any thoughts?

anyone successfully connect to an oracle database?

Comments

• edited 3:30AM
    Hello,

Which connection do you use to connect to Oracle? Is it the Ole DB connection, or do you use Oracle add-in (from FRNetConnections.zip package)?
    Hi Alex,

Great product - looks very robust - am using the oledb connection
    i did download the frconnections.zip

build the oracle provider and was successfully able to add the connection/test the connection.

However now the behavior is such that it does not show the table list even though i can successfully connect.

logging into the scott/tiger schema in oracle 9.2
    The provider displays tables available to the current user. See this method in the OracleDataConnection.cs:
      public class OracleDataConnection : DataConnectionBase
      {
        private void GetDBObjectNames(string name, string columnName, List<string> list)
        {
          DataTable schema = null;
          using (DbConnection connection = GetConnection())
          {
            connection.Open();
            OracleConnectionStringBuilder builder = new OracleConnectionStringBuilder(connection.ConnectionString);
            schema = connection.GetSchema(name, new string[] { builder.UserID, null }); // <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< get tables available to UserID
          }

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.