TimeOut Expired

Hi,

I have a Table Data Source from a sql query, (the query takes about 40 - 60 seconds in SQL Management Studio)

When I right click and select 'View Data' it gives me this error

"Error: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding"

From what I've read I need to change the CommandTimeout property of my SqlCommand

Can you help with this please?

Comments

• edited 11:54PM
    Hello,

There is no way to set the timeout now. I will add this functionality in the next build (it will be ready in 12 hours).
    Hi,

Is this feature available yet?

Thank You,

COH
    Hello,

Yes, see the CommandTimeout property of the Connection object (select the connection object in the Data window, then switch to the Properties window).
    Thanks for this.

Rgrds,

COH
    Hi,

Ref error:
    "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding"

I had this error before and I resolved it by setting the CommandTimeout value in the properties of the Data Source
    The issue is solved when i run the report in Designer, not when i run it via DesignerControl/ PreviewControl / WebReport

If I preview the report in DesignerControl it gives me the error. The report times out after a short period.
    It seems that the Command timeout is still set at the default value of 30 s regardless of the value in the Data Source property window in the frx file.

I tried changing the Connection Timeout in the connection string in the config file.
    I tried setting the CommandTimeout in start up in code as follows

TableDataSource ds = Report.GetDataSource("Table") as
    TableDataSource;
    ds.Connection.CommandTimeout = 1200;

It worked in Designer, In DesignerControl it gives this error "FastReport.Data.DataConnectionBase' does not contain a definition for 'CommandTimeout'

Can you help please.
    I'm trying to schedule reports and as it stands I cant run ones that take greater than 30s to process.

thnx in advance
    COH
    Hello,

Looks like you compile your project with old FR.Net version. Remove all FastReport dlls from your project folders (such as \bin and \obj) and recompile.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.