FastReport .NET web print

liuliu
edited 10:06AM in FastReport .NET
Hi,
i am using FastReport .NET in asp.net 2.0 .
now ,i click print buton in the toolbar to print report,it must save or open report with pdf format ,then print it
whether can i connect printer directly to print report without exporting it first ?
thank you !

Comments

• edited 10:06AM
    Hello,

It's by design - WebReport can print ONLY to PDF. There is no option to print directly to selected printer, like in WinForms. Possible ways to print from asp.net application:

- print to printer that is accessible to the machine that hosts your asp.net application (server). It can be a network printer, not your local printer. FR does not support that;
    - display the report as HTML in the separate browser window and print using browser. In this case, you may get incorrect results because the browser handles printing. FR does not support that, but it is in our todo;
    - export to PDF and print using Acrobat. This is most accurate way - we support that.
    - install some kind of ActiveX on client machines and run it to print a report. This way is used in the Microsoft Reporting Services, but it work ONLY with IE. We don't plan to support that.
  • liuliu
    edited 10:06AM

Hi,
    thank for your reply!
    in this case, so the client computer must install adobe Acrobat.

thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.