Subreport header

edited 1:27AM in FastReport .NET
Hi,
in the user manual in reference to the subreport: "Contrary to other report generators, subreports in FastReport are saved in a separate template page, and not in a separate file."
But if i have more report with identical header, I have to design it in all the reports?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 1:27AM
    Hello,

If you want to share the same report header/footer for many reports, try to use report inheritance. It is described in the user's manual, "Report creation/Report inheritance".
    How can I integrate the use of the report inheritance with the need to save reports in the database?

Thanks
    You may use the report.LoadBaseReport event to load a base report from any source (for example, from a stream).
    Sorry, but i don't find report.LoadBaseReport.
    I use FastReport 1.2.38 with vb.net.

Thanks
    It's here, I have no idea why you didn't find it.

/// <summary>
    /// Occurs when report is inherited and trying to load a base report.
    /// </summary>
    /// <remarks>
    /// Typical use of this event is to load the base report from a database instead of a file.
    /// </remarks>
    public event CustomLoadEventHandler LoadBaseReport;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.