Adding MySQL Data Source

edited 11:11PM in FastReport .NET
I followed your readme on how to compile the dll and use it, but I am still stuck and have a couple of questions:

1. Do I have to use MySQL Connector for .net build 5.2?
2. What is the size of the compiled dll?
3. Once I add a reference to this dll, where exactly do I run the code "FastReport.Utils.RegisteredObjects.AddConnection(typeof(MySqlDataConnection))"?
You have mentioned "execute the following code once at the application start", where do I execute this line, in the Visual Studio code editor or the Report Designer code editor?

Sorry for such newbie questions and thanks in advance.

I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.

Comments

• edited 11:11PM
    Hello,

1) FR-MySQL connector was created using version 5.2 of MySQL. You may use MySQL version 6.0 - it may require some work (like deleting old reference to MySql.Data.dll v5.2 and replacing it with MySql.Data.dll v6.0)
    2) FastReport.MySQL.dll is about 25Kb
    3) You should add this line of code somewhere in your application. It must be executed only once.
    Thanks for such a quick response!!

My FastReport.MySQL.dll file is only 11.5 kb, I guess thats why no matter how I compile it, when I add the reference to the dll and execute this line of code, it doesnt show up in the data sources window.

Could you please post the vb.net version of the line "FastReport.Utils.RegisteredObjects.AddConnection(typeof(MySqlDataConnection));"? Alternately, could you please post the dll file itself?

Thanks for helping >
    bladeraja wrote: »
    Thanks for such a quick response!!

My FastReport.MySQL.dll file is only 11.5 kb, I guess thats why no matter how I compile it, when I add the reference to the dll and execute this line of code, it doesnt show up in the data sources window.

Could you please post the vb.net version of the line "FastReport.Utils.RegisteredObjects.AddConnection(typeof(MySqlDataConnection));"? Alternately, could you please post the dll file itself?

Thanks for helping >

OK I figured the vb.net equivalent, I guess you will not be able to post the dll, which is why you provided the source and ask users to compile the dll themselves. But would really appreciate any help on why my dll is only 11.5kb.
    11Kb is ok, I think. My 24Kb version is built with debug info.
    I've updated FRNetConnections.zip to work with MySQL 6.0.
    AlexTZ wrote: »

Solved! Used SharpDevelop to compile the dll, used the dll file created in the Obj folder (not the bin folder)
  • Magezi SagesseMagezi Sagesse DRCONGO
    edited June 2014
    Please!!!!!! HELP where can I find a tuto that is explaining step by step how to use mysql data source to generate report in Fastreport.net? I have mysql version 5.5.28 and I am coding in VB.net but if you have ressource for C# that will also help.
  • Magezi SagesseMagezi Sagesse DRCONGO
    edited 11:11PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »

I am coding using mysql.data.dll version 6.4.7 in my vb.net application and I want to use fastreport for generating report , Can that updated file help me cause the compressed file that I download from http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/public_files/53/ and try to compile the mysql project to get the dll for using, the process of compiling is generating errors that I don't understand. If it can help me then please give the link from where I can download that updated file.

I also wanted to know if there is not the dll (the project already compiled) so that I only download that dll instead of I compiling it myself.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.