New feature request/Bug report

In the designer:

There are a number of options to format a date when the field contains [Date]. However the format most needed for something like a letter ie. November 17, 2009, is missing. I am sure this is just an oversight as the format 11/17/2009 appears twice in the dialog.

The layout toolbar is very nice and one of the major reasons I am liking this product over some others I am testing. However, the space vertically and space horiz buttons are hard to understand. It is not clear what spacing the buttons create, and once created adjustments to the spacing are difficult. I would suggest holding the top and bottom or left and right controls at their current position and spacing any in between controls equally between them. THEN once the spacing is equal, allow the user to fine tune the spacing with a key combination such as ALT + arrow or CNTL + arrow. This key combination would maintain the equal spacing but increase or reduce the spacing in very small increments such as 1 pixel at a time. Also, when reducing the spacing, it would stop when the controls were touching or butted together so they would not overlap.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• edited 7:13PM
    I've fixed the date, thanks.
    wrote:
    I would suggest holding the top and bottom or left and right controls at their current position and spacing any in between controls equally between them.
    That's exactly what they did. If you select three Text objects, and press the "Space Vertically" button, the left and right objects will remain at its position, and the center object will be moved.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    I've fixed the date, thanks.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    I would suggest holding the top and bottom or left and right controls at their current position and spacing any in between controls equally between them.
    That's exactly what they did. If you select three Text objects, and press the "Space Vertically" button, the left and right objects will remain at its position, and the center object will be moved.
    How about fine tuning the spacing after they are spaced evenly? The buttons on the toolbar make fairly coarse adjustments.
    Yes, the step is equal to grid size. It was done specially - I don't recommend to place objects between the grid, you will have problems when exporting your report. See user's manual, "Preview, print, export/Exporting the report/Report design recommendations".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.