web form export pdf error in Traditional Chinese Font

Hello,
when May 22 2009,I ask a question for traditional chinese word export question.
It still error. I thank it may be Traditional Chinese font name's problem.
Because when Open pdf file,Acrobat reader show error message:Can not find or create Font "dfghgf978077#$#$".(<---error name.)
you can download Traditional Chinese font for test.

http://www.jack168.com/download/kaiu.ttf (font name in chinese:"標楷體")

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 9:43PM
    Hello,

I've downloaded and installed this font. It appears in my font list as "DFKai-SB". I can use it in the Text object, and export to PDF with no problems.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

I've downloaded and installed this font. It appears in my font list as "DFKai-SB". I can use it in the Text object, and export to PDF with no problems.

Hi,AlexTz:
    Because your operating system is the English version,but we are using the Chinese version.
    So,when you call "Font.Name" ,the value is "DFKai-SB".But when we call it,the value is "標楷體".
    To fix this problem, when call "Font.Name",it must get the english font name in any operating system.
    But I don't know how to achieve it.
    Hello,

Thanks, we will try to find a workaround for this. I will let you know when we finish.
    Hello,

Hi,AlexTz:
    Because your operating system is the English version,but we are using the Chinese version.
    So,when you call "Font.Name" ,the value is "DFKai-SB".But when we call it,the value is "標楷體".
    To fix this problem, when call "Font.Name",it must get the english font name in any operating system.
    But I don't know how to achieve it.

My problem is the same as Jeffery Lee.
    Waiting for FlexTz's solution.

By the way,I have see Chinese (Simplified).frl in Language Folder, When will you support Traditional Chinese. Thank you.
    Would you need help for transfer Chinese(Simplified).frl to Chinese(Traditional).frl ?
    Hello,

Chinese PDF font should work well now.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Chinese PDF font should work well now.
    Hi,
    I use simplified chinese operating system,
    but when i export pdf,the chinese characters is incorrect.
    I use SimSun font. After export the font name is not SimSun,it is #5B8B#4F53.
    So pdf about chinese characters is blank.
    please check attachment!
    Hello,

Do you use latest FR.Net version? We have fixed this issue some time ago.
    Hi,
    I have used the lasted version!
    Both files (Correct.pdf, Ucorrect.pdf) were produced by FastReport.Net. How do you get two different results?
    hi:
    After export PDF,the manually modified!
    Hello,

Please tell me exact version (including build number) of FastReport.Net which you use.
    Hi,
    the fastreport i used,its building number is FRNet_1_57_Pro.
    I download it on July 30.

Please run the following code in your WindowsForms button.Click event and tell me which name do you see?

Font font = new Font("SimSun", 10);
    MessageBox.Show(font.FontFamily.GetName(0));

I don't have chinese Windows and can't check that.
    hello,
    the result is "宋体",please check the attachment.
    thank you.
    Please try the same, but wit 1033 parameter:

Font font = new Font("SimSun", 10);
    MessageBox.Show(font.FontFamily.GetName(1033));
    Hi,
    the result is "SimSun".
    Cehck the attachment!
    Just fine. The fixed version will be available in 6 hours.
    OK,thank you very much!
    Thank you for your assistance >
    Hi,
    the fastreport i used,its building number is FRNet_1_57_Pro.
    I download it on July 30.
    Where to download the latest version?I only use demo version
    You can download it in your user's panel on our website (if you are registered user).

I can find it in 'my Controls' panel.where?strange.
    Are you registered user? (did you bought FastReport.Net?)
    xlfg wrote: »
    I can find it in 'my Controls' panel.where?strange.
    oh.it must be a purchased customer can download,right?I'am tinking about buy it if my application finished
    Yes, once you bought a license you will get an access to the control panel where you can download latest registered versions.
    Hi,
    I use traditional chinese operating system,
    I export to pdf, the chinese characters is ok when text object's font name is MingLiu(chinesd font name is '細明體'),
    but it is blank when text object's font name is Arial(default font).

report preview & print is ok.

I use the lastest version (2009.08.05)
    Hello,

Arial font does not contain Chinese symbols. When you use it in Windows application to draw some text, Windows does the thing called "font substitution". It searches for another font that contains Chinese chars and uses it instead of Arial to draw these chars (note that latin chars are still drawn using Arial). This is complex thing and it's hard to implement it in the PDF export. The solution is to use specific font to display chinese symbols, instead of Arial.
    Hi.
    If i use Chinese font MingLiu(細明體), set font size = 11pt, export to pdf is ok,
    But when i design or preview report, text will be clipped a little on top edge.
    It's like that drawing text using GDI not GDI+, but i call follow statement when program start: Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false).
    Try to increase the Padding.Top property value of the Text object.
    It's no use to increase the Padding.Top property value, text is clipped a little however when using MingLiu(chinesd font) font.
    If you use Arial font, it's ok.

But windows forms control is ok using same font when call Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false) in program start.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.