Question and Feature Request

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 7:33PM in FastReport .NET
Question:

How come my custom SQL table does not seem to honor the "Order By" clause?

I copied some SQL from FR Studio but the records in the data band are not in the same order as when printed in FR Studio.

Of course I can overcome this by using the databand's sort tab but was wondering why I needed to use it if I've already set the order in my query. One problem is I have 5 fields in my "Order by" and there are only 3 fields listed in the data band sort tab.

I can included screen of my query and results with and without using the sort tab if needed.

Feature Request:

Can "Visibility" be added to the Highlights Collection of a TextObject? Or "Filter", like a databand?

I have a TextObject that I'd like to show only if a field contains a certain value. Right now I just do it in script (If ([field]=somevalue) TO.Visible=true; else TO.Visible=false;

I know you're just going to say "set the color to white if the value does not occur". The problem is that this textobject has a border around it. I'd like to make the whole TO invisible (border and all) if the value of the field is not what I want.

Seems like the Highlight collection would be a nice place to do this instead of being able to set colors for some values but then have to resort to script to completely hide it.

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• edited 7:33PM
    1) I did a simple test with "Order by" - FR respects it. Note the following:
    - in a simple list report, check that databand's sort is set to none;
    - in a group report, check that both groupheader's sort and databand's sort set to none.

2) I will think about it.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 7:33PM

1. It was the group header sort. Setting it to None kept the order of the sql where clause.

2. Thanks.

Bryan
  • edited 7:33PM
    2) will be available in the next daily build.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 7:33PM

2) And this is why I love FastReports!

Bryan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.