Exclusive Sections

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 10:59AM in FastReport .NET

One more "How do I..."

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> In my report Iwant to have 12 independent sections with only 1 section showing up for the current month. In FR Studio, I had 12 different "Master Data" bands and then just made the one for the current month visible and the others hidden. In FR Studio, whenever I add a "Data" band, it make it a "child" of a previous band. I suppose I could do it with subreports and just show/hide, but was wondering if there was an easier way to have multiple bands "at the same level", either a child band or data band, and only show 1 of them. Attached is an image from FR Studio showing the multiple Master Data bands.[/img]

Comments

• edited May 2009
    To do this, use technique described in the user's manual, in the "Report creation/Master-master report" chapter.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 10:59AM
    Just what I needed!

I had been clicking on the "Add" button to add the new band, which made the new Data band a child of the existing Data band. Right-Clicking and selecting Data did the trick.

As always, thanks for the quick reply.

Bryan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.