In FR.Studio, in the OnBeforePrint of a Group Footer, I'd do something like:

procedure GroupFooter1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
var
Band1 : TfrxChild;

begin
Band1 := FillerBand;
while (Engine.CurY<495) Do Engine.ShowBand(Band1);
end;

This would allow me to have some blank lines below my data to hand write in some information (this is an update fax), as long as there was space. The FillerBand had vertical lines to match my data band but did not have any band pointing to it.

Converting to FR.NET deleted this "orphan" band.

How can I get the same effect in FR.Net? I do not see a way to have a "standalone" Child Band that I can call with Engine.ShowBand.

On the group footer's OBP, I can Set Engine.CurY but and that starts the footer where I want, but does not extend the vertical lines of the data band.

TIA,
Bryan

Comments

• edited 12:51PM
    The Child band can be configured to fill empty space on a page. To do this, add the Child band to the group footer band and set its "Fill Unused Space" option (in the context menu).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.