Error opentng MdiChild after Office2007UI implemented

BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
edited 7:32AM in FastReport .NET
I have a strange problem in my application.

I am using MDI (Multi Document Interface) for opening multiple forms inside MdiParent (Main form).

I am getting exception "Error creating window handle" when I try to open another MdiChild inside main form, but this is happening only when a report with chart is currently active MDIChild. (?!?)

I tried a another combination of multiple forms opened at the same time, to see if this happing, but everything working fine.

I tried a few scenarioes, and figure out that my application crashes only when active MdiChild is a windows form with a FastReport PreviewControl in it , showing a report WITH CHARTS!

If it is a similar form, showing standard report, everything is working fine, but when I activate a some Chart report, and then try to switch to, or open another MdiChild, aplication crashes.

This may help you:
I downgraded FastReport to version 1.0.212, tried the same, and everything is working just fine. No exception was thrown!

It seems that a problem is in Office2007UI and those controls in it, I would like if you could work it out, my application is already in Office 2007 Ribbon style, so FastReport with Office2007UI fits just fine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> P.S.: I tried this on my another computer, I thought that there is something wrong with my computer, but on another computer, there was an error too, so I think this is probably something with those controls. The latest version I have before this one is 1.0.212, and with that version, I have no problems with FastReport. After downloading version 1.0.221, that exception occured. Maybe the problem is not with Office2007UI, maybe there was something wrong if there is some version between these two, you will know better. Hope this helps to find out what is happening! Best regards, Bosko.[/img]

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Could you prepare a simple application for me, and send it to tz@fast-report.com? I've tried to reproduce a problem, with no success.
  • edited 7:32AM
    I've fixed the bug. Wait for the next build 1.0.222, it will be available tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.