How can I convert fr3 to frx ?

edited 2:58AM in FastReport .NET
I used .fr3 fast report format in Delphi. Now our company use C#.NET. Fast report .NET file extension is .frx. Now I need to use my old .fr3 file in .NET. How can I convert .fr3 to .frx?

Best Regards...

Comments

• edited 2:58AM
    Hello,

To convert old .fr3 files to a new .frx format, do this:
    - download the latest version of FastReport 4 (you can even use the trial version)
    - add the "frxSaveFRX" unit into your uses list
    - run report designer, go "File|Save as...", choose the file type - "FastReport.Net file".

This converter does not perform 100% conversion; you need to change the .frx file. The following items are not converted:
    - script (you need to convert pascal code to c# code)
    - expressions (you need to convert pascal functions like Copy, Pos, ... to C# functions)
    - data fields (add datasources, replace < > with [ ], remove " " around field name)
    - totals (you have to replace aggregate functions like Sum, Min, Max with totals - you need to create the total in the "Data" window)
    - charts and vertical bands are not converted
    - cross-tab is not converted

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.