ASP.NET Reports

edited 1:47AM in FastReport .NET
Hi there,

I m a newbie in Fast Report.. I m using asp.net (vs2005-c#) and looking for a powerful report tool and some friends tell me about fast report..

now i have some problems for begin to work with fast report.net. For example;

i dropped a webreport component from my tool box to may page and then designed a report and add a parameter like this,
[vwMyTable.TableId]==[TableId] -- > Int32 parameter

in here, TableId is an Id field that must get its value from code behind.. so i add some code in Page Load like this;

WebReport1.Report = new Report();
WebReport1.Report.Load(Server.MapPath("MyReport.frx"));
WebReport1.Report.SetParameterValue("TableId", 42); // test Id = 42
WebReport1.Report.Prepare();

and then i run code.. But i see a blank report, there is no data..
How can i set a parameter in code behind..

and a suggestion; if you can add some sample asp.net projects, it will be helpful..

thanks in advance..

Comments

• edited 1:47AM
    Hello,

You have to use WebReport.StartReport event to pass a value to the report parameter. The report can be accessed through the WebReport.Report property:

webReport1.Report.SetParameterValue("MyParam", 10);

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.