Fast Report Expressions

edited 11:09PM in FastReport .NET
Hi,

I have been trying to use Fast Report Expression Editor, but I don't know what syntax should I follow, is there any help guide or example on how to use the Expression syntax!!! For example i use this:

Date([Command.starttime]);

And it gives me error!!!!! Why? This is the most simple expression, just format the date from that field!

As well It would be good to have a color editor with syntax checker, instead of the current one.

Please, advice on how to get the most out of Expressions, this is the most valuable for everyone.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 11:09PM
    Hello,

Expressions are described in the user's manual (the "Expressions" chapter).
    What is "Date" in your expression? There is no such method in .Net. If you want to extract the year from your DateTime column, use the following expression:

[Command.starttime].Year

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.