Resizing window causes .net exception in designer

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 3:54PM in FastReport .NET
Trying to resize the left-side docked data/report/properties window causes a .net exception.

I know you mentioned that you use a docking library that is no longer supported. If possible, can you get a different one? I cannot dock to the right side of the screen and simply trying to resize docked to the left side does not work.

I have a dual monitor setup on Vista 64 Ultimate.

If I make the window wider, it resized too big (not where I release the mouse). Shrinking the window then causes the exception so I lose my work just by trying to resize the properties window.

Of course, video included:

http://www.pseudoconsulting.com/frproblem3.avi

Comments

• edited 3:54PM
    We have bought the DevComponents DotNetBar license which includes toolbars, menu, docking and ribbon. I'm working on integrating all this stuff into FastReport.Net. I can't say now when it will be ready.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 3:54PM

Excellent. I'm sure that will be a big improvement.

I can work around it for now.

I'd rather have the standalone designer first!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Bryan[/img]
    Hello,

I've replaced old docking library with the new one, you can check it now.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 3:54PM

VERY NICE!!!!!

I can put the properties window on the right side of screen now. And actually resize it.

I like the zoom slider too.

Well Done.

Now about that standalone designer......

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Bryan[/img]
    I remember > Wait some days, I will include it in v1.1.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.