Double Pass

Hi,AlexTZ
If the pageheader band has TextObject with expression,
and I enable the report's double pass, the TextObject of the first page's pageheader band can't show.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Hello,

All databand-related objects should be printed on data bands. In all other cases their state may be indeterminated. To fix your case, I need to add some "hack-type" code in FastReport.
  • edited 8:36PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

All databand-related objects should be printed on data bands. In all other cases their state may be indeterminated. To fix your case, I need to add some "hack-type" code in FastReport.

Thank you for your answer!
    When using FastReport, Indeed there is the special situation of the above.
    Since the project is very urgent,Could you please deal with this problem as soon as possible?

Or could you please add Variable "TotalPages#" similar to FR 4.0.

Thank you very Much!
    The fixed version will be available in 4 hours.
    The fixed version will be available in 4 hours.

Ok,Thank you!
    And I'm sorry ,I forgot that the same problem in pagefooter band.
    Just the textobject can't show in last page.

Sorry, I cannot fix this one. It will print the first record on the last page. Consider using a variable that is initialized in the data band's BeforePrint event and printed in the page footer.
    Sorry, I cannot fix this one. It will print the first record on the last page. Consider using a variable that is initialized in the data band's BeforePrint event and printed in the page footer.

Thank you,I See.
    Hello,
    Thank you for your support.
    I had download the latest code.
    But I'm Sorry ,I want to know which file that you had added code in.
    Because I had add much code in the last release version,according to my needs.
    When you release a new version next time,I would like to merge my own code.

Hello,

I had changed the Data\DataSourceBase.cs file.
  • edited April 2009
    Sorry, this fix was wrong. Relations do not work correctly now, so I have to rollback changes.
    In order to print the first data row in the report title, you need to use script.

ReportTitle's BeforePrint event:
        private void ReportTitle1_BeforePrint(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          Data1.InitDataSource();
        }

It will be available in the upcoming build.
  • edited November 2009
    Hmm.. I think I have the very same problem today (data not available in band "Page Header" as soon as I enable DoublePass.
    Was this fix revoked at same time?

A other solution (for me) would be when I could split my "Group Header" band into several childs and could assign "RepeatOnEveryPage" for every single child: I need a header with logo (from DB) on every page and a detail header only once per group.
    Hello,

In the page header, the datasource is in indeterminate state. You have to use script to init the datasource at the start of report (use the code from my previous post in this topic).
    In the page header, the datasource is in indeterminate state. You have to use script to init the datasource at the start of report (use the code from my previous post in this topic).

If I do this with band "Page Header" then I get hundreds, thousands and millions of pages -- I don't need a "Report Title". But at least it works there if I let it empty and enable "CanShrink".

But what the heck is Data1 and why is it named Data1?

I really would prefer a design where I could follow "All databand-related objects should be printed on data bands" -- without the need of any C# code inside the report.
    You can add empty Title band and make it zero-height. Don't add this code in the page header, it will lead to infinite loop.
    Data1 is the name of your databand.
    wrote:
    I really would prefer a design where I could follow "All databand-related objects should be printed on data bands" -- without the need of any C# code inside the report.

Why just not use the groupHeader.RepeatOnEveryPage option?
    Why just not use the groupHeader.RepeatOnEveryPage option?

Because I have both: Data per group which should be displayed on every page and detailed group-data (not a list) which should only be shown once per group above the list of items which make up the group. If I could split up the Group header into two parts (which is already possible) which have different "RepeatOnEveryPage" settings (which is NOT possible right now) this would help.
    You may attach a child band to the groupheader and set its PrintOn property to "FirstPage, LastPage, OddPages, EvenPages" (everything except the "RepeatedBand"). I've attached the example report - you can run it in the demo.exe.
    I'm just playing around with "PrintOn" and its "RepeatedBand" part -- looks like I can achive what I want with this.
    oops.. didn't recognize the second page in this thread ;-)

Thanx for proving true that I'm on the right way.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.