Recommend way to convert FR3 user functions ?

lollol
edited 7:07PM in FastReport .NET
Hello,

I use a number of user functions in my FR Studio reports, mainly for data formatting.

I have been thinking about making a special assembly and use it from script, but that is much more complicated than just selecting the function on the data panel.

What would be the recommend way to convert them ?

Thank you,

Luis

Comments

• edited 7:07PM
    Hello,

There is no way to add user functions in the "Data" window. I'm working in this direction, such ability will be added soon.
  • lollol
    edited 7:07PM
    Thank you
  • lollol
    Hi,

Any news about this functionality ?

Thanks
    Hello,

I did not finished it yet. It will be available in the 1.1 version which will be released in the next month.
  • lollol
    Thanks, I'll wait for it.
    Hello,

The next build will contain "Functions" node in the "Data" window. It will be available in this midnight.
  • lollol
    Hi, Alex

I saw the new Functions node, with the standard functions.

Is it possible to add custom functions (user functions) ?

We need to do that in order to save some calculated data to a database, etc.

Thanks
    Hello,

Please check the Demos\C#\UserFunctions example.
  • lollol
    Thank you.

I tried to download the latest demo version, but the file keeps coming down empty (0 bytes).

I tried it from 2 different locations.

Can anybody confirm if the file is corrupt ?

Luis
    I've tried to download the demo now, it is ok for me. Try to clear your browser's cache.
  • lollol
    Everything worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.