Client only framework

Hi!

Is there any way to use fastreport.net with client-only framework subset ?

Regars,
mc

Comments

• edited 9:03PM
    Hello,

I don't have any experience with this. However, this point from Microsoft means that FastReport.Net is not compatible with client profile:
    The following list of APIs are not supported on the Client Profile (even though they exist and are public).  Note: these may change slightly for RTM.

System.dll

* System.CodeDom.* (all APIs in this namespace)
        * System.CodeDom.Compiler.* (all APIs in this namespace)
        * Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider
        * Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider

AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't have any experience with this. However, this point from Microsoft means that FastReport.Net is not compatible with client profile:
    The following list of APIs are not supported on the Client Profile (even though they exist and are public).  Note: these may change slightly for RTM.

System.dll

* System.CodeDom.* (all APIs in this namespace)
        * System.CodeDom.Compiler.* (all APIs in this namespace)
        * Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider
        * Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider

I tired to create a simple project with referenced fastreport.dll and Client-Only framework targetted project. Only two dll missing when tired to deploy the project:
    System.Web and System.Design. IMHO this dll-s are not too importants to print a report (the run-time design not too important for me, but the Client-only framework can
    be very useful, because the size of the full 3.5/SP1 framework a little bit horrible to the avarage windows XP user).
    I think FastReport can run without these two dlls:

- System.Web is used only with WebReport component; it should work if you use only Report component.
    - System.Design is used for component designers such as WebReport and Report.

AlexTZ wrote: »
    I think FastReport can run without these two dlls:

- System.Web is used only with WebReport component; it should work if you use only Report component.
    - System.Design is used for component designers such as WebReport and Report.

Yes, it is true. The Clickonce deployment is not happy, but when I tired it with XP and Client-Only fw it seems good.

Regards,
    mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.