Bug with SubreportObject.Visible

I have a report with three or four subreports. Depending on the type of report, I would like to hide certain subreports.

Using the following:
report1.FindObject("Data2").Visible = false
changes nothing. The subreport is still being displayed.

I also wouldn't mind completely deleting the subreport, but when calling
report1.FindObject("Data2").Delete()
a NullReferenceException ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object.") occurs. After placing that line in its own try..catch block the subreport is deleted though.

Is this a bug, and what workaround is there to hide/delete a subreport?

Thanks
Riaan

Comments

• edited 8:14PM
    Hello,

There is a bug in FastReport's code, it ignores visibility flag of subreport. I will fix it in the next build.
    Alex, thanks for the reply. Do you perhaps know when the next build will be? I have to recommend a reporting component for a project at work, and would like to include FastReport.NET in my presentation.
    It will be available tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.