Problem getting datasource from SQL Server database

BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
edited 5:06PM in FastReport .NET
I have a few active databases on SQL Server 2005.

In one I am working mostly, FastReport is doing just fine.

Now I am trying to create some reports on another database, but I just can't get any datasource in a new connection I created.

This is the procedure I am going thru:

1. Create new report
2. Actions->New Data Source
3. New Connection -> Setting parameters for the new connection -> Test Connection button gives a message: "Test conenction succeeded."
4. Gathering tables and views from databases works fine. I can see all tables in a TreeView.
5. Then I check a table (or create a new SqlQuery for a custom table in a report)
6. Finish -> I am getting an error there. "Object reference not set to an instace of an object".

This is not happening in all databases. I guess there is something wrong with the data in that database, or with the tables, relations, I dont know.

I did all this from Demo.exe.

This is the message details, it does not meen anything to me, but maybe somebody can figure it out what is happening.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at xSTuBf0AZmwFAf5RO7G.i55ryA05hDI89djEsPi.elbJNqcMw()
   at xSTuBf0AZmwFAf5RO7G.i55ryA05hDI89djEsPi.uu7kppCAN(Object , FormClosedEventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

Please, help me with this, I need it to work with that database.

Thanks in advance, Bosko Kukanjac

Comments

• edited 5:06PM
    I've added some null checks, I hope it will work now. The updated version will be available this midnight.
  • BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
    edited 5:06PM
    Yes, it is working now just fine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I had two databases with that problem, and now both of them can create datasources as well. Thank you!!![/img]>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.