Multi column bug

I have discovered a bug in FR 2.51 (also present in 2.5) that I have isolated in a single .frf file (e-mail on request).

My report has 3 columns.
The text that I want to print is variable in size (that is number of lines).

The band (master data) contains a memoview, both are set to stretched, otherwise it won't work.

FastReport has to determine the height of the band, but it only uses the height of the third (last) column for that.

When the height of column 1 or 2 is higher than that of column 3, some text is printed on top of each other.

For example: if the memoview in column 1 or 2 has 5 lines, and the memoview in column 3 has 3 lines, FR sets the height of the maste data band to 3 lines.

All the lines of column 1 and 2 are shown, but they print on top of the next 3 records on the next data band.

Comments

• edited 2:15AM
    Yes, we aware of this bug. Multi-column databands can't be stretched because band height is calculated only for last data column. This is behavior 'by design' and can't be fixed in the FR2.x architecture.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.