Strange behavior of user help file

Hello,
I have renamed the usermanual-en.chm to FRUser.chm and placed it in the EXE-folder of the application. When I press F1 in designer nothing happens. When I klick "help - content" the object-inspector disappears and it seems that nothing more happens. But by klicking on the titlebar of the report-designer-window suddenly I can see the help, but there ist the previously disappeared objectinspector in front of it. The only way to see the entire help-window is to close the objectinspector.

Im working with fr4 and delphi 5 under windows VISTA. Same behaviour with Delphi 2006.

Any idea to make this work so that F1 shows the help-file immediately?

Thanks,
Haegar

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:37AM
    Haegar
    i can't be sure of this as i am not running a vista box currently
    but i expect in has something to do with vistas uac or pac
  • edited 5:37AM
    Haegar,

I'm sure that you have found the solution by now but, if not, the behaviour is due to the tool windows being undocked. It seems that if more than one tool window is undocked in the designer, the help window goes to the back. The simplest workaround is to make sure that the Designer has only one undocked window at most.

I'm sure that there are other solutions but "docking" is not something that I have used much.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.