beginner

Hi All,

In our previous projects we used report builder but we are considering using Fast Report for our new projects.
Because I have no knowledge of Fast Report I was wondering if it is possible to add just a text label to a report.

I have a Header and a footer.
In between I want to place a text label.
At design time the footer will align just below the header.
Placing a text label in between is not possible. There is almost no room for a label. The alignment of the footer will still be just below the header.

So I think I have to place some kind of a component holder between the header and footer in which I can place the text labels.

If I take a look at the PrintFile example I have to place a masterdata component.
But all the labels I place in this masterdata are not visible at run time.

Any idea how to solve this?

Is it possible to address a label at run-time?

Another problem is this:
I also tried this but the language is still in english.
frxResources.LoadFromFile('dutch.xml');

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:06AM
    Peter
    you can set your language at install time you only need to add the resources if you want to have more than one language.
    down load the programmer's and user's manual.
    read the programmers manual as working from Delphi, and the users as working within the report.
    compile and run the main demo most concepts are covered there.
    Also try building the examples in the user manual.
    you need at least 1 masterdata band between the header and footer to contain the memoviews, it can be connected to a dataset or have a rowcount.
    Bands are just place holders on a design page and only their contents are output to the finished page.
    the report engine process bands from top down, in order of the band type and the objects within a band are processed in their creation order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.