Help me! with Registering Fastreprot3.dll

I am working on my new project which is base on MS-Sql and Delphi . I am using C# for web reports.
I have previously created a lot of reports with quick report . Now I would like to change the reports with new features on fast report studio for web application.
Therefore, I have run one of your fast report samples on visual studio 2005. The samples worked just fine in visual studio 2005 IDE. However, when I try to publish the same sample and run it on IIS, I receive the following error message ???Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component???.
Please note that I have download the fast report studio trial for my test programs. I also find one of the syntax in the forum, which I registered fastreport3.dll with ???regsvr32 ???. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I have a few questions: 1.The IIS is working just fine and I am getting services from different application. Why I am getting the above Error message while the IIS is working fine and I have also registered the fastreport3.dll ? 2.Do you have any utilities programs which would config automatically the my Server (IIS & FastReport Components) ? Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Best Regards, F. Davood[/img]

Comments

• edited 7:01PM
    fdavood wrote: »
    1.The IIS is working just fine and I am getting services from different application. Why I am getting the above Error message while the IIS is working fine and I have also registered the fastreport3.dll ?

The problem is default installation directory. By security reason, IIS does not have access to "\Program files" directory. That means that you need copy and register fastreport3.dll into ISS accessable directory. For example C:\inetpub.
    fdavood wrote: »
    2.Do you have any utilities programs which would config automatically the my Server (IIS & FastReport Components) ?

Sorry, unfortunately we have no such components at present time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.