creating a dataset dynamically and assignning it t

hi all,

well, i have this problem i am creating a simple dataset set on the fly like this :-
objSimpleDS := TSimpleDataSet.Create(nil);

the problem is when i create it with nil the dataset doesn`t appear in the designer of th reports, i have to create it like this in order to view it in the designer:-
objSimpleDS := TSimpleDataSet.Create(form1);

anyone knows how to solve this problem,
i need to create the database with nil.

Comments

• edited 10:04AM
    Dataset must have an Owner (form or datamodule) and a Name in order to work in FR.
  • edited 10:04AM
    i want to create them with nil, because my dataset is created in unit that is called through a dll, which means that my exe is separated from the unit that i use to interact with the database.
    so because of that i am creating it with the nil parameter.

if there is no way that the designer recognize the dataset except with creating the dataset with an owner please tell me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.