Comments

• edited 11:27PM
    It's a C# code.
    How is the Syntax in VB?
    Got it:

Dim textobject As Object
    Report_Projekt.Load("..\..\reports\projekt_angebot_d.frx")
    textobject = Report_Projekt.FindObject("Cell2")
    textobject.Text = Projekt_NrTextBox1.Text
    Report_Projekt.Show()

-,Ralf
    Hi Alex,
    there is a problem i can't fix:

I manualy made a report, where i use in the data field some text objects derived form
    several colums of a data table. Checking it with the preview function and also calling it
    from my application, everything is ok. The table contains the data of all entrys of this table.

Then i want to filter it, depending on an integer value (the quote_id). I defined a parameter
    called "angebot_id", in INT32 and then i set the filter.
    I add some code to my application to load the value into this parameter.
    After calling the function, i get the following error message:

>>
    (Data1): error BC30804: Der Typ "Variant" wird nicht mehr unterst??tzt. Verwenden Sie den Typ "Object".
    (Data1): error BC30201: Ausdruck erwartet.
    <<
    Ok its german, but first line indicates, that the type "Variant" is not supported any more, use "Object"
    The second line indicates, that an expression is missing.

Now the curious part of this:
    Whne using the report wizard defining / using the same table, than crating the same parameter and
    assigning the same filter expression, everything is ok, the table comes back with the filtered data!

Regards,
    Ralf
    Hello,

It happens because you have selected the "VB.Net" language for your report. The error will be fixed in tomorrow's FR.Net build.
    Hi Alex,
    i have downloaded the last version, the first error i told you seems to be fixed,
    the second still appears (Data1): error BC30201: Ausdruck erwartet.).
    There is also sometimes some other "silly" behaviour of the designer:
    - When pressing the "Pre-View" Button, the Designer closes completely
    - When starting the Designer, the last editet report opens, but its name is "untitled.frx"

Regards,
    Ralf
    Hello Ralf,

Could you send me your report file and an example of code where you call the report?
    wrote:
    There is also sometimes some other "silly" behaviour of the designer:
    - When pressing the "Pre-View" Button, the Designer closes completely
    - When starting the Designer, the last editet report opens, but its name is "untitled.frx"
    How to reproduce this?
    i need your email address.
    BR
    Ralf

You can find it in the top-right corner of FR Demo main window [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> tz at fast-report.com[/img]
    Alex,
    tt only happens sometimes, not with a clear event before. I use Visual Studio 2005.
    -,Ralf
    Ralf,

If you configure your report to use VB.Net script language, you have to write every expression in a report using that language. For example, the Data band in your report has the following filter expression:
    [tbl_projekte_angebot_liste.Angebots_ID]==[angebot_id]
    but it should be
    [tbl_projekte_angebot_liste.Angebots_ID]=[angebot_id]
  • edited August 2008
    Hi Alex,
    a Problem: When printing in a PDF File, i get the error message:

>>
    InvalidArgument=Value mit dem Wert 0 ist f??r SelectedIndex ung??ltig.
    Parametername: SelectedIndex
    <<

With a Local Printer no Problem, only when using the "PDF Creator" or "FreePDF XP"

Remark: It happens, when selecting the "PDF-Creator" in the combo box of the print menu.

Regards
    Ralf
    Hello,

Fixed. The new version is available for download.
  • edited September 2008
    Hi Alex,
    i have made one report, which is called by my application, using "old_table", everything ok.

After that i saved the report under a new name and changed the datasource to another table (new_table)
    and i also assigened the values in the textboxes to the new one...
    The content of the report is nearly the same, so i could use it for the new report, only with another
    table.

After calling the new report from my app, i get the error message, that the "old_table" (used in the
    first report i made) is not yet initialized.. ??? But the "old_table" is not used any more in this report.

Any idea?

Stack Trace:
    bei FastReport.Data.DataSourceBase.get_CurrentRow()
    bei FastReport.Report.Calc(String expression, Variant value, DataSourceRow currentRow)
    bei FastReport.Report.Calc(String expression)
    bei FastReport.Data.Total.61aMsGjNA()
    bei FastReport.Data.TotalCollection.Xi7LuiK0K(BandBase )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.nMsb1hkm8(BandBase , Boolean )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.fT2CSQNOB(DataBand , Int32 )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.c5HsCGSp5(DataBand , Int32 , Boolean , Boolean )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.ZRttEvjmH(DataBand )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.EfrrFVNGk(BandCollection )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.oueH3ZKqg(ReportPage )
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.DPFS4jMv1()
    bei FastReport.Engine.ReportEngine.1GniZqP6C(Boolean , Boolean , ReportPage )
    bei FastReport.Report.Prepare(Boolean append)
    bei FastReport.Report.Show()
    bei 5pSOaSpWyJompRdfbdE.bbf159pOB2KckFajne5.PrQWXdcTS()

Regards,
    Ralf
    Sorry,
    got it, it was a sum-parameter which was previously defined, my mistake :-(
    Hello

Am new to fast report .am usinr asp.net 2.0 and firebird.i downloded one fastreport demo,n tried to load that fastreport .dll into toolbox.but its not loading.its showing error."could not load file or assembly system.windows.forms.datavisualization.....".
    any one plz help me.

thanks in advance
    Hello,

You need to install the Microsoft Chart control. You can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...a8-910ae6ea442c
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Since the FastReport.Net is demo now, you need to perform some steps to use it in the VS2005.
    - in the VS2005, right-click the Toolbox and select "Choose Items...";
    - click "Browse..." button and select the "FastReport.dll" file;
    - close the dialog. Now you will see two FastReport items in the Toolbox: "Report" and "PreviewControl";
    - put the "Report" item on your form;
    - right-click it and choose "Select Data Source..." to select application-defined dataset or its tables;
    - right-click it again and choose "Design Report..." to run the designer.
    You may design a new report or open the existing one. To run a report, write the following code in the event handler:
    report1.Show();

Hi
    i have downloded fast report demo,and am tryng to use it in visualstudio 2005.as u mentioned above when i try to add the dll file only one component("Webreport") is coming in the toolbox.the above mentioned Report or prieviewcontrol is not loading.although its der in that dialog box.
    please help me
    Hello,

Since the FastReport.Net is demo now, you need to perform some steps to use it in the VS2005.
    - in the VS2005, right-click the Toolbox and select "Choose Items...";
    - click "Browse..." button and select the "FastReport.dll" file;
    - close the dialog. Now you will see two FastReport items in the Toolbox: "Report" and "PreviewControl";
    - put the "Report" item on your form;
    - right-click it and choose "Select Data Source..." to select application-defined dataset or its tables;
    - right-click it again and choose "Design Report..." to run the designer.
    You may design a new report or open the existing one. To run a report, write the following code in the event handler:
    report1.Show();

Hi
    i have downloded fast report demo,and am tryng to use it in visualstudio 2005.as u mentioned above when i try to add the dll file only one component("Webreport") is coming in the toolbox.the above mentioned Report or prieviewcontrol is not loading.although its der in that dialog box.
    please help me
    thanks all
    i got solution

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.