SQL lookup table

Henrik LyderHenrik Lyder Chaska, Minnesota USA
edited 11:46AM in FastReport 2.xx VCL
I need a lookup table function in a Matster-Detail report. In an SQL I might create the detail table as

SELECT T0.Index,T1.CodeName FROM Table0 T0
LEFT JOIN Table1 T1 ON T0.Index=T1.Index

Or I could create a lookup

SELECT DISTINCT CodeName From Table1
WHERE Index="insert index from detail table here"

In the first example I have a problem getting the link to the master table to work.
In the second I do not know how to create the report element to execute the query and insert the value into the memo field.

I was considering a Master-Detail-Detail report where the detail-detail is linked on the index fields, but here I run into a problem that the last Detail may not contain any data, thus I need to test for a NULL field something in a memo field like

[IF([tblDetailDetail."CodeName"]=NULL,'NO NAME',tblDetailDetail."CodeName")]

The CodeName is an integer field and when I execute the above solution I get 0 in place of NULL data. 0 is a valid value so I cannot test for 0, I have to test for NULL.

Regards

Henrik Lyder

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:46AM
    Henryk i havent worked with version 2.xx in a long time now, but IIRC you can set the report component options
    convertnulls to false then you can test for nulls

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.