For clients, do they need to have FR Studio in their machine.

Hi all,

I used to use FastReport in Delphi7 but it seems to be different in FR Studio.
I downloaded FR Studio Demo and, now, I'm developing an application in Visual Studio C# and have 3 questions about it;

1) Is it compatable and can be interface between FR Studio and Visual Studio 2008 Professional (just want to make sure)?
2) When I import FR in to my project as reference (COM Object), it is fine. Below is my code;

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using FastReport;

namespace TestFastReport
{
public partial class frmTestFastReport : Form
{
TfrxReportClass report;

public frmTestFastReport()
{
InitializeComponent();

report = report = new TfrxReportClass();

}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
report.LoadReportFromFile("C:/Report/TestFastReport/Report.fr3");
report.ShowReport();
}
}
}

But the problem is when I want to open it in client machines, there is an error. So, what do I have to install into my client's machine first to be able to view the report? Is there a run-time version or some things like that?
3)How to send a variable from Visual Studio C# to FR Studio?

I'm looking for your help and many thanks for answering.

Comments

• edited 12:43AM
    Pobovskies wrote: »
    But the problem is when I want to open it in client machines, there is an error. So, what do I have to install into my client's machine first to be able to view the report? Is there a run-time version or some things like that?

You need install FR Studio on client machines. At least fastreport3.dll and resource files.
    Please note that we distribute redistribnutable component that does not include designer and it is no copy protected.
    You can find it in "C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport Studio\Redist" directory.
    Pobovskies wrote: »
    3)How to send a variable from Visual Studio C# to FR Studio?

There are several methods for control report variables:
    Sub AddVariable(ByVal Category As String, ByVal Name As String, ByVal Value)
        Member of FastReport.TfrxReport

Sub SetVariable(ByVal Index As String, ByVal Value)

Sub SetGlobalVariable(ByVal Index As String, ByVal Value)

Function GetVariable(ByVal Index As String) As Variant

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.