Matrix of unknow numbers of pictures

Hi,

Working with BCB5 and FR3.

I need to print a matrix of pictures but the matrix changes from 1 x 1 to 5 x 7. How Can I insert TfrxPictureView objects on the fly to do that.

Thanks in advance,

Rinaldo

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:11PM
    it is not a simple task, it is not as much about adding a pictureview on the fly but where and when to print a particular picture view object and perhaps size it.
    Probably place a pictureview object in an unattached childband the band can be made to show by using the engine.showband(bandname) method you will need to write code to load the picture into the picture view into the picture view and size to suit in obpevent of picture view object
    you will also need several variables to track engine.curx, engine.cury props and store original curx cury settings, in obpevent and oap events.
    Without specific knowledge of what you are working with(pictures stored in dbfields,where size info stored, etc.. ) and what you expect the output to look like it is very hard to be specific.
  • edited 8:11PM
    Thanks gordk!

I am loading pictures from files. I have a preliminary version working. I decided to put 35 pictureview objects in design time. They are with visible propertie setting to false. At runtime, I set them true as much as I need after loaded from file, positioned and resized. I don't know if it is the best way but for now it's working for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.