Migration from frf report to fr3

Hi.
I have a big problem.
When i save my 2.53 frf file , save as to fr3, appear the error...

(Report contains the following non-plugged components: TfrBDEQuery You must include these components into your project.)

Transform in fr3...with erors

Give me a solution please!!!!

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:32PM
    the error message indicates that that the project did not contain the internal dbengine components.
    I am not sure how you are working., but don't use the old save to fr3 from fr2.5x in your fr3 project
    add the frx2to30.pas unit to your uses clause, this will allow fr3 to open an fr2.xx file and save it in fr3.
    make sure your fr3 project contains all the fr3 components that are equivalent to fr2 components that were used in your fr2 project. when finished remove the conversion unit.
    you may want to set the designer file open dir and file save dir props to suit your needs.
  • edited 1:32PM
    gordk wrote: »
    the error message indicates that that the project did not contain the internal dbengine components.
    I am not sure how you are working., but don't use the old save to fr3 from fr2.5x in your fr3 project
    add the frx2to30.pas unit to your uses clause, this will allow fr3 to open an fr2.xx file and save it in fr3.
    make sure your fr3 project contains all the fr3 components that are equivalent to fr2 components that were used in your fr2 project. when finished remove the conversion unit.
    you may want to set the designer file open dir and file save dir props to suit your needs.

I have report fr2.5x with BDE Query, and alias set to my Interbase database....don't work with general engine

WHERE I FIND frx2to30.pas? Please help me...
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:32PM
    the conversion unit is found in either the source or lib folder under your c:\program files\fastreports\fastreport 3 folder, or the folder under which you installed fr3 you must have at least the standard version of fr3.
    also see my response to the same topic in the fr4 forum, the same things apply to fr3.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.