Register Fastreport3.dll in Windows Vista

hi ,

can fastreport studio 4 run in windows vista?
when i register the fastreport3.dll in vista, it fail.
any solution?

regards

Comments

• edited 5:10PM
    what error message do you get ?
    HERBERTS wrote: »

If you try to start up the Designer I get a COM error: "Class not registered". What is going on here - I don't think FR can run on Vista, I bought version 4.6.64.0 and it doen't work!
    tcrous wrote: »
    tcrous wrote: »

If you try to start up the Designer I get a COM error: "Class not registered". What is going on here - I don't think FR can run on Vista, I bought version 4.6.64.0 and it doen't work!

Yeah, same here... I'm using Vista and getting the same COM error... any response from Fast Reports Inc.?

Thanks
  • edited September 2008
    Hello,

in install it and get this error messages
    access violation at address 01CF69AF in module 'fastreport3.dll'. Read
    of address 00000008.

and
    Class not registered.

Some problems may arise in case of Windows Vista UAC (User Access Control) is disabled on installation stage.
    Even you don't need UAC, you must enable it on installation procedure. You may disable it after installation procedure.

Also you can register DLL manually by following command in command prompt:

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport Studio\Bin\fastreport3.dll"

Please note that this command must be executed with Administrator priveleges.

As I remember, under 64-bit version regsvr32 does not properly register fastreport3.dll. Under 64-bit environment you need to use Studio MSI installer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.